Once you have the Certification for Trade Representative Office (TRO) in Bulgaria, you are entitled to submit an application for Visa D. Visa D for Bulgaria is also called long-term residence permit. According to the Law for foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria long-term residence permition can be obtained for a period from 6 months to 1 year. Obtaining a Type D visa based on Bulgarian TRO is considered to be the most convenient and affordable legal basis you can stay in Bulgaria. There is no legal requirement for employment of local citizens or amount which should be invested.
What are the procedure and necessary documents?
Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) issues a document proving that you have Bulgarian TRO. This is the first and most important document you need for applying for Type D visa. The application for Visa D should be submitted in person at the nearest Bulgarian embassy/consulate in your country (full list of Bulgarian Diplomatic Missions HERE). If there is no such embassy in your home country, then the application should be submitted at the Bulgarian embassy, which covers your country. Other documents you have to prepare are:
- Copy of valid passport;
- Proof of accommodation in Bulgaria;
- Private medical insurance valid on the territory of Bulgaria;
- Evidence of stable, regular, predictable and sufficient funds;
- Criminal record certificate, issued by your home country;
- Two identical photos;
- Paid visa fee.
Your application should be reviewed within a period of 14 days. However, sometimes delays are possible due to the embassies workload. You should not worry if the waiting time is longer than 14 days because it is normal and you have to be patient.
Our team can help you with the preparation of above-listed documents, so do not hesitate to contact us and to start the procedure for your Visa D as soon as possible.
What are the advantages of Visa D?
- You receive a Bulgarian ID card for foreigners that allows multiple entries and stay in Bulgaria;
- You may travel visa-free to some European Union countries;
- You may renew your Bulgarian ID card for foreigners for up to 5 years;
- No need to reside in Bulgaria to renew your residence permit;
- After 5 years you may apply for a Bulgarian permanent residence permit;
- Members of your family are entitled to move in Bulgaria.
Do not hesitate to contact us for immigration assistance!
For more possibilities to obtain Bulgarian long-term residence permit, please contact us or learn more here. Do not hesitate to apply for your residence permit now. You can rest assured that your paperwork will be handled with confidentiality and professionalism.